Dental health is quite intriguing. There are plenty of myths around that we blindly believe and follow. Dental health is a whole science in itself and there is a lot more to it than appears so. If you have clicked on this linkHere are some interesting facts that an average person does not know about dental health.
The commonly used practice of putting a cap on toothbrush is actually more detrimental. The moisture entrapped in the cap favors bacterial growth.
- You are not supposed to brush within 6 feet of a toilet. The airborne particles from the flush can travel up to a distance of 6 feet.
- 75% of the United States population suffers from some stage of periodontal gum disease.
- People who tend to drink 3 or more glasses of soda/pop daily have 62% more tooth decay, fillings and tooth loss than others.
- The first toothbrush with bristles was manufactured in China in 1498. Bristles from hogs, horses and badgers were used. The first commercial toothbrush was made in 1938.
- Fluoridated toothpastes when ingested habitually by kids can lead to fluoride toxicity.
- You are supposed to replace your toothbrush after you have an episode of flu, cold or other viral infections. Notorious microbes can implant themselves on the toothbrush bristles leading to re-infection.
- New born babies do not have tooth decay bacteria. Often, the bacteria are transmitted from mother to baby when she kisses the child or blows in hot food/drink before feeding the baby.
Meet The Real Tarzan
A Hospital In China Threw a Living Baby In The Trash
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Voice Was Dubbed in the Movie “Hercules in New York”
Dexter Has Been Linked To 3 Real Life Crimes
World’s Highest, longest and fastest Skydive
10 Facts about Dreaming
2 Golf Balls on the Moon
The movie Lord of War used 3000 real AK-47s because they were cheaper than props!
4 in 10 Americans Don’t Believe in Evolution.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Appeared on Power Rangers Episode