Over almost 18 months now of rumors spreading that Facebook will release a phone which is going to be developed by HTC with a customized version of Android, although Facebook has been rejecting its interest in building their own phone they are actually holding an Android press event in which the invitation only says Come see our new home on Android.
Well getting to some interesting facts that Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg indicated a few months ago if this were to be a reality.
1. “Lets say we built a phone”, he said as a possibility so it may happen, it’s not certain so let’s not build our hopes up.
2. “We’re not but if we did , we could maybe get 10 to 20 million people to use it… it doesn’t move the needle for us.” Facebook doesn’t think that a phone will increase their revenue or market value because there is too much competition.
3. ” The strategy we have is different from every other tech company [like Apple] that’s building their own hardware system – we’re going in an opposite direction.” This phone building is not the strategy of Facebook as he clearly states on this quote so this may give us a better idea of which is Facebook’s vision.
4. “build a system, which is as deeply as possible integrated into every major device people want to use”. This is probably what the Android press event, explaining in a more detailed way which improvements are they making on the system’s compatibility and features with every device.
What if Facebook phone was a reality, here are some facts that we think this gadget would have.
1. Great hardware as it will probably be developed by HTC.
2. Sleek design with a big screen and touchscreen to keep it updated with the latest trends in phone design.
3. Probably the best feature of this Facebook phone is that is going to have a unique Android system and we imagine that some special features in the way that the user interacts with Facebook.
Like the title of this post this could be a reality or a fiction the thing is that if Facebook launches this phone, they’re going to have a hard time taking over third place in the mobile industrie because its clearly stated that Samsung and Apple have the first places in developing mobile hardware.
Heres a snapshot of the possible design of the Facebook phone.