iPhone established a new generation in smart phones and it came to redefine the concept of smartphone-human interaction with it´s thousands and thousands of applications on the app store and all of its amazing functions like camera, iPod mode, Safari web browser, calendar, e-mail, notes and much more. Here ae some interesting facts through iPhone history:
1. Apple has sold around 250 million iPhones in the past 5 years since the beggining of the first iPhones launched by the brand, this is because the iPhone is more than a phone an accessorie, it could be a fashion accessorie, a business tool, a music player and even a simpler yet neccesary function calculator or flashlight.
2. Nearly one third of US high school students have an Iphone, this is because of the iPhones great price and accesibility to almost any kind of socioeconomical niche. Apple’s aim was to lower production costs so they can offer a great smartphone at a low cost and they certainly acomplished their mission, because the same high school survey showed that nearly 30% of the students were planning on getting an iPhone.
3. Apple’s research and development team took nearly 5 years to launch the iPhone and they were looking to form an alliance with Motorola because of the success of the Motorola Razr, as a result of this alliance came the Motorola Rokr but Steve Jobs knew before the launching of this phone that it was going to be a bad phone.
4. iPhone’s name was originally trademarked by Cisco but Mr. Jobs forced the Chief Deovelopment Officer at Cisco to back off and give up the name.
5. In the actual design of the iPhone this was supposed to have a built in physical keyboard just like Nokia’s N97, this would result in a bigger and heavier phone; so great decision over at Apple to keep the sleek and clean design of the iPhone.
6. iPhone has provided many business opportunities to other people that make accessories, to give you an idea in the first three weeks of the launch of the iPhone 5 approximately $42 million were sold in accessories this is a great number and it shows that not only we can consume iPhone and its gadgets but also make a business with them.
7. Most of the people that are iPhone fans know about a technique called jailbreak, this works to unlock some additional features using the app name cydia, did you know that cydia its actually a fruit worm that damages the fruits like a plague, this is why this program was called this way because of the modifications that it makes to the system.
In the end we can’t live without iPhones they are a part of our daily basis and all of its original features and the above facts make it the most dependable smartphone choose by the people.